Using Public Speaking
September 30, 2022 to March 31, 2023
12 Sessions - 24 CDU Hours
This Course takes place online
Using This course uses the Toastmasters method to develop your communication skills for a corporate setting. You will present six times during the course.
- Articulate the benefit of your contribution to the initiative
Evaluation & Feedback
- Informing the decision is a core task for an initiative team member
- Provide analysis and judgment to those forming a decision
Research & Present
- Research is a core component of analysis
- Research to understand - Share your understanding by presenting
- Research is a means of conducting elicitation
Influence & Persuade by Leading
- Persuade of a point-of-view
- Structure and frame the story
- Visualize characters and settings
- Tell the story in your voice
- See the story inside you and don't just memorize the words
Connect and Network
- Network for better outcomes
- Manage initiatives with connecting and communicating
Time: September 30, 2022 to March 31, 2023
Meet twice monthly
Study group duration: 24.00 hours
IIBA CDU / PD credit hours: 24.0 credits
IIBA CREDIT HOURS
Course is eligible for IIBA® Professional Development (PD) credit hours and CDU credits.
- IIBA Toronto Full Membership requires being member of IIBA International and IIBA Toronto
- IIBA Toronto Chapter Subscription also available
Workshop fees must be paid upon registration in the workshop prior to attending. Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
For credit card payments, charges will be in the currency of the country where the class takes place and will be converted by the credit card company. IIBA Toronto Chapter is not responsible for fluctuations due to exchange rates. Taxes will be applied to the payment where applicable.
IIBA Toronto Chapter reserves the right to make changes to the workshop program described or to cancel the workshop at any time without notice or liability. The Chapter's sole liability will be limited to the refund of registration fees paid in respect of the workshop and the Chapter shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever. The Chapter will endeavor to give enrollees as much advance notice as possible of any change to the workshop program or registrant’s enrollment.
The registration fee covers workshop materials only. Refreshments and lunch is not included and is the responsibility of the registrant. Parking is not included.
Cancellations will be allowed prior to 7 days of the workshop start date and a full refund will be issued. Cancellations will not be permitted within 7 days of the workshop start date; however, substitutions will be permitted. It is up to the registrant to find and arrange a substitute. The Chapter will process the substitution by changing the registrant name but is not responsible for any financial transactions between the registrants.
No refunds will be issued within 7 days of the workshop start date. If a registrant does not attend the workshop and has not given adequate notification, it will result in full forfeiture of the registration fee.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, or have comments or questions, please contact email@example.com.