Business Data AnalyticsFoundation Course
October 25 to November 22, 2022
6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
5 Sessions - 15 CDU Hours
This Foundation Course takes place online
Using the IIBA Introduction to Business Data Analytics Guide, you will
Introduction to Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Objectives
- Data and the Analysis Practices
Introduction to Business Data Analytics: A Practitioner View
- What is Business Data Analytics?
- Business Data Analytics Objectives
- Business Analysis and Business Data Analytics
IIBA Business Data Analytics Domains and Tasks
1 Identify the Research Questions
- Define Business Problem or Opportunity
- Formulate Research Question
- Plan Business Data Analytics Approach
2 Source Data
3 Analyze Data
- Assess the Analytics and System Approach Taken
4 Interpret and Report Results
- Identify and Understand the Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Communication
- Determine Communication Needs of Stakeholders
- Derive Insights from Data
- Document and Communicate Findings from Completed Analysis
5 Use Results to Influence Business Decision-Making
- Develop Implementation Plan
6 Tools We Will Become Familiar With
- Using the above in Business Intelligence (BI)
- This study group is an introduction to data analytics
- This study group addresses in full the two business data analytics publications, but is not limited to the publications
- This study group includes team and individual exercises
Topic: Introduction to Business Data Analytics Using IIBA Publication
Time: October 25th, 6:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Tuesday for 5 occurrences
Study group duration: 15.00 hours
IIBA CDU / PD credit hours: 15.0 credits
IIBA CREDIT HOURS
Workshop is eligible for IIBA® Professional Development (PD) credit hours and CDU credits.
- IIBA Toronto Full Membership requires being member of IIBA International and IIBA Toronto
- IIBA Toronto Chapter Subscription also available
Workshop fees must be paid upon registration in the workshop prior to attending. Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
For credit card payments, charges will be in the currency of the country where the class takes place and will be converted by the credit card company. IIBA Toronto Chapter is not responsible for fluctuations due to exchange rates. Taxes will be applied to the payment where applicable.
IIBA Toronto Chapter reserves the right to make changes to the workshop program described or to cancel the workshop at any time without notice or liability. The Chapter's sole liability will be limited to the refund of registration fees paid in respect of the workshop and the Chapter shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever. The Chapter will endeavor to give enrollees as much advance notice as possible of any change to the workshop program or registrant’s enrollment.
The registration fee covers workshop materials only. Refreshments and lunch is not included and is the responsibility of the registrant. Parking is not included.
Cancellations will be allowed prior to 7 days of the workshop start date and a full refund will be issued. Cancellations will not be permitted within 7 days of the workshop start date; however, substitutions will be permitted. It is up to the registrant to find and arrange a substitute. The Chapter will process the substitution by changing the registrant name but is not responsible for any financial transactions between the registrants.
No refunds will be issued within 7 days of the workshop start date. If a registrant does not attend the workshop and has not given adequate notification, it will result in full forfeiture of the registration fee.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, or have comments or questions, please contact email@example.com.