IIBA Exam Study Tips Workshop
& IIBA Certification Q&A
Part of the IIBA Toronto
IIBA Certification Workshops
This workshop is free. All are invited!
Online Study Tips Workshop
- Learn good study habits by starting with good study tips and practices. Make your learning a life success and not a mad dash to cram and forget valuable and useful principles, concepts and content.
- Create desired outcomes to learning & studying using the building blocks of certifications and certificates.
- Make your next exam easier to study for and what you learned more valuable after you passed the exam.
Study Processes, Techniques & Tips
Questions and Concerns We Address In The Study Tips Workshop
- What is your adult learning style?
- Are you memorizing or learning?
- Will you be able to offer guidance to your in-house practice?
- Will you be able to provide the narrative how the business analysis practice contributes to the success of any management offices, business analysis center of excellence, or PMO?
- Can you articulate what it means to create change by modifying stakeholders, processes, technology, and policies of the enterprise?
- Do you have a study plan?
- Do you have a daily study plan?
- Do you know how to use the IIBA BABOK v3 to study the IIBA BABOK v3 for any exam?
- Are you assessing and evolving your learning style?
- Can you use the occasional practice exam to assess your learning journey? Or are you using the practice exam as a principal means of studying.
- Are you using community to study for your certification exam?
- Are you developing best practices for evolving your career beyond your certification?
- Can you experience your learning?
- Do you excel by understanding and utilizing different adult learning styles?
- Which visual learning techniques and approaches work well for you?
- Which auditory learning techniques and approaches work well for you?
- When is it better to use tactile, or kinesthetic, learning techniques and approaches?
- Can you take breaks? Are they valuable?
- Is quiet time a part of a good studying approach for you?
- Are you using small groups?
- What technologies are you using?
- What is the probability of you successfully preparing for a certification exam and passing?
- What is your mindset as the weeks and months prepare you for your certification?
- What is your focus when studying?
- Are you playful when learning?
- How many ways can you do mnemonics?
Participate online with others preparing their application for an IIBA Professional Designation. Get updates as you prepare for your certification exam.
We will help!
Use community to be certified.
Be certified in 2021This event is open to all.
Examples of the Benefits of Good Habits and Good Study Tips When Acquiring Any Certification
Practical Knowledge & General Awareness
Follows rules: Ability to adhere to prescribed ways to work in order to execute activities related to the competency. Generally, needs rules and guidelines to perform tasks.
Understands: Recognizes the key elements of the competency and why they are important. However, not expected to have the experience nor skill level to act upon the competency.
Basic knowledge: Has a fundamental awareness of basic skills and knowledge involved in the competency.
Skilled & Competent
Modifies rules: Encounters situations where there is confidence to modify the guidelines that have been provided for addressing the challenge.
Recommends actions: Although generally works independently on smaller, well scoped challenges, still relies on expert help for more complex work. Skills, knowledge and confidence have developed to the level where appropriate actions are identified
Applied knowledge: Has practiced the competency and skills have evolved working on small, less complex challenges or with guidance on large, more complex work
Expert & Experienced
Creates rules: Actively provides insight to situations that fall within and outside of his/her domain or sphere of influence. In some cases, this will mean addressing new, unstructured business challenges or opportunities.
Guides practice: This is a seasoned practitioner that is sought after for their expertise and guidance in solving or addressing business challenges or opportunities.
Advanced knowledge: Skills and Knowledge have been fully developed through execution of work ranging from small well-scoped work to addressing more complex, unstructured challenges or opportunities. Skills and knowledge required for the competency have become second nature.